23 Tips For Effectivity Studying
You can be very smart and capable of learning person, but this is not enough. If the environment is distracting and presses, most likely, will learn you a lot less than planned, and time to spend a lot. How to learn productively? We have selected for you best advice from Quora users.
1.Prepare to study
- Choose the right place. You need to engage in clean, bright, quiet, ventilated area. Best of all — at the Desk with a bright lamp. If the home is a place you have not, go to the library and sit down at a table at the far end of the room, where other patrons won’t pass you every five minutes.
- Keep all necessary materials at hand. Textbooks, notebooks, notebook, reference materials (bookmarks in the browser or stickers on the table). Be sure to make a plan for the day: list all the tasks that you must perform.
- Always carry the Essentials. A bottle of water, a thermos of coffee or tea, sweater if cold, snack (banana, fruit or nut mix).
- Cut off from the noise. If you are outside the house, bring headphones in order to ignore background noise. Pick music that promotes productivity (win-win — the classics, for example Mozart, Haydn, Vivaldi, Beethoven). Importantly, the music does not distract you on the material. If you notice more focus on melody and not on the subject studied, turn off the player, put on ear plugs and study in silence.
- Get some sleep. Before training it is better to gain strength, not to watch soap operas all night. The night before the exam also better not to sit over textbooks, and how to sleep: sleep helps consolidate information in long term memory.
- The most important is a balanced Breakfast. To get the energy it needs, come to your morning menu wisely. For example, mix and match proteins, fruit and healthy fats (an essential source — nuts). It could be oatmeal or yogurt with granola, fresh fruit, walnuts and almonds.
- Eat eggs. Eggs — this combination of B vitamins (they help to burn glucose), antioxidants (to protect neurons from damage) and fatty acids omega-3 (they support the functioning of neurons at the optimal speed).
- At lunch, eat foods that support brain function. Alternatively, sardines, spinach, lentils.
- The best snack is walnuts. They improve memory and promote more productive learning. For maximum effect you need quite a bit, no more handfuls.
- Drink vegetable and berry smoothies. Did you know that the nitrates contained in beets increase blood flow to the brain and thereby improve its performance? Here is a simple recipe for a delicious and healthy drink: mix in a blender ½ Cup orange juice, 1 Cup fresh or frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries), ½ Cup chopped fresh or boiled slices of beets, 1 tablespoon granola, 2-3 dates, ¼ Cup nonfat yogurt and 3 ice cubes.
- If you feel that you fall asleep over books, drink coffee or eat some chocolate. Light cappuccino or latte helps in this case much better than espresso: they are not only the potent dose of caffeine, but the carbohydrates that energize. Energy is not the best option. But if you still drank an energy drink, then don’t mess it up with coffee.
- 3. Stick to the rules of time management
- When learning new information, set a timer for 30-60 minutes. When there is one cut, get up from the table and do something not related to school: walk five minutes, look out the window, stretch your legs, go for tea or coffee. Give the head an opportunity to relax.
- If you prepare for the exam, make yourself a list of questions and use the Pomodoro technique. Try to answer each question, using the shortest period of time (not more than 25 minutes). The list of questions can be created or choose from a manual or manuals: typically, each Chapter or topic in academic journals concludes with questions.
- Answer the questions aloud. Write a short thesis plan of response, and then tell me out loud. This technique will help to perform, to recall and fix in memory the information much better than if you just read it to myself.
3.Get rid of all distractions
- Use the telephone only in the case. During breaks, you can see who called and call back. You can use the timer on your phone. But no chalikov and funny pictures.
- Putting your phone in airplane mode. When the issue is complex and you need to focus without distraction more than anything, is the best solution.
- Warn family, friends, roommates and loved ones that you will be unavailable for several hours. Most likely, they will meet you and will not distract your requests, questions and comments.
- Check email and social networks 2-3 times a day. For example, at lunch, in the afternoon and evening.
- Avoid daily news and surfing the Internet. Leave these fascinating and addictive classes until the moment when you learn all planned.
- Turn off the TV. Multitasking does not work. Background noise will prevent you to remember information, and the enjoyment of watching your favorite programs, you also will not get.
- From time to time get distracted for 20-30 minutes. Find a comfortable place — bed, sofa, easy chair, — sit among the pillows and put the eye patch to rest from the sunlight. If sleep mask not fit regular t-shirt. If you are afraid to fall asleep, put just in case the alarm clock.
- Meditate, do exercises of respiratory gymnastics. They help relieve stress and regain focus.
- Do stretching exercises or regular exercise. These classes will help to relieve tension in the muscles and return blood flow to the brain. And this, in turn, has a positive effect on cognitive ability and reduces stress.